The City of Grants Pass is soliciting sealed written proposals to identify a qualified consultant to amend the solar access provisions outlined in Article 22 of the Grants Pass Development Code. Respondents to this Request for Proposal (RFP) should determine the most appropriate amendments to the current solar access provisions in the Grants Pass Development Code (GPDC) to support the City’s goals of clear and objective standards and flexibility in administration of the code provisions to allow for streamlining of the development review process.
This RFP represents the initial step in soliciting proposals from a qualified agency. Responses to this RFP must demonstrate the consultant’s specific expertise in solar regulations at the state and/or local government level. Further, the respondents shall demonstrate proven success in amending land development and/or zoning codes.
The City’s selection process will be based upon an evaluation of the submitted proposals by a selection team and ranked upon the following criteria:
- Completeness of the proposal relative to RFP requirements. (5 pts)
- Demonstrated experience of the consultant in code writing and the successful amendment/adoption of prior land use development codes. (35 pts)
- Education and experience of professional personnel including sub-consultants, if applicable. (20 pts)
- Ability to meet the consulting needs of the City of Grants Pass; i.e., the proposed approach to accomplish Scope of Work. (25 pts)
- Pricing Information (10 pts)
- Consultant references. (5 pts)
The selection team will recommend an award based upon the evaluation criteria. At the City’s discretion, interviews may be conducted with the top ranked proposer(s).
The City of Grants Pass reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, to waive formalities or to accept any submittal that appears to serve the best interest of the City of Grants Pass.