We are recruiting for a Utility Worker I or II for our Wastewater Collections Division! We currently have one vacancy to fill and placement will depend upon qualifications.
At the City of Grants Pass employees excel at their work and it shows through our defined mission, vision and values! We provide a culture where the best solutions come from empowered teams with the knowledge and vision of our community's goals. If you are a creative and motivated individual who shares a dedication to exceptional public service, then join our team!
The primary duties for the Utility Worker in our Wastewater Collections Division are:
- Assist with and operate the TV truck to complete precise inspections;
- Operate a high pressure vacuum truck to excavate holes;
- Remove debris from around pipes, and clear catch basins;
- Cleaning of sewer pipes;
- Inspect, identify issues and repair sewer manholes and pipes;
- Repair and maintain sewer mainlines and sewer laterals;
- Inspect construction of street utilities;
- Manage traffic by coordinating traffic control plan, records and reports accurate data, mapping information and responds to customers;
- Log accurate records and data
- Respond to customer calls
- Assist other divisions as needed.
This position is covered in the Teamster bargaining unit and incumbents must live within a 30 minute drive of the regularly assigned work site.