We are accepting applications for a Utility Worker I for the Distribution Division of the Public Works Department. This position will be in the field on the construction crew. Key duties of this position include:
- Installs water services, fire hydrants, air release valves, water valves, and restraining devices.
- Flushes water mains and dead end lines based on water sample results and a flushing schedule and responds to flow and pressure related concerns to perform necessary testing and repairs.
- Repairs water main breaks, replacing broken pipes, connecting new pipes to existing pipes, and installing and repairing water services.
- Installs customer service lines and water valves in a variety of sizes appropriate to customer’s water meter and completes repairs of water valves in various sizes.
- Monitors water main taps in a variety of sizes and maintains level oils.
- Inspects, install, maintains, tests, and removes water meters.
Utility Worker I Requirements
- At Time of Hire: A High School Diploma or equivalent and 1 year of related experience are required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job, and an Oregon Driver’s License Class C.
- Within 12 months of hire: Oregon Certified Flagger, Forklift Certificate, and a valid Oregon Commercial Driver’s License Class B with tanker endorsement.
Additional requirements | This position is covered in the Teamster bargaining unit and incumbents must live within a 30 minute drive of their regularly assigned work site