Joint the City of Grants Pass Community Development team as a Principal Planner. This position will supervise the planning division staff and be responsible for directing the City’s land use program, performing complex planning activities, and reviewing work.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages, prepares and evaluates complex planning projects
- Supervises division staff, including coordinating and directing work flow
- Represents the City at various community meetings and serves as lead staff liaison to review bodies such as the Planning Commission and Historic Buildings and Sites Commission and presents projects before the City Council. These meetings require attendance outside normal work hours
- Reviews, develops and updates the City’s Comprehensive Community Plan, Development Code and Municipal Code
- Coordinates and promotes department’s work with other City divisions, local, regional and state planning agencies
- Conducts internal and external customer service
- Prepares budget documentation for division and monitors expenditures
Minimum Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree in urban planning or a related field and five years of directly related experience including two years of supervisory experience are required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Oregon planning experience and Master’s Degree in a related field preferred.
Licensing Requirements: An American Institute of Certified Planners certificate is preferred and an Oregon Driver’s License - Class C is required.