Join the Public Works Team as a Lead Engineering Technician!
• Conduct field inspections to determine completion of work against specifications and standards
• Facilitate community, pre-construction or pre-bid meetings
• Perform detailed contract administration on engineering design or construction projects
• Review and approval of contract and construction documents consistent with engineering principles and standards
• Issue right-of-way encroachment permits
• Perform residential and commercial plans examination
• Cost estimating and analysis
• Prepare civil engineering drawings
• Update maps including entry into GIS and CAD systems
An Associate's degree with an emphasis in engineering and two years of construction, public works field inspection, and/or civil engineering design experience, including at least one year of plans review, are required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed in the job description.
• Oregon Driver's License - Class C