Police Report Request
How To Obtain a Copy of a Police Report
Follow this link to obtain a report. To avoid additional delays, please provide as much information as possible about the incident and the persons involved. Supply, if known, the date of the incident, the full names and dates of birth of the persons involved, the location of the incident, the type of incident, and the license plates or vehicle identification numbers (VINs) of the vehicles involved. The more specific information you provide, the more likely it is that we will be able to locate the record you are seeking.
- Date of the incident - provide the date and time the incident occurred, or when the report was filed, if it was at a later time
- Full name and date of birth - provide the first, middle, and last names of the persons involved. Date of birth is also very important in narrowing the search.
- Location of the incident - provide the exact address of the incident. If there isn't an exact address, provide cross streets.
- Type of incident - provide information on the type of incident that occurred. Examples of commonly requested reports include traffic crashes, thefts, harassment, etc.
- License plate and/or VIN - provide as much information as possible about the vehicle(s) involved. The description "red Toyota 4 door" is not searchable, but "Oregon license plate ABC123 red Toyota Camry" is very specific and will narrow the search.
The following fee schedule applies to all reports released to the public:
- Call Notes - $6.00 per incident
- Police Report - $10.00 for the first 10 pages. $0.25 per page after. $40.00 per hour for redactions. Billed in quarter-hour increments after the first hour
- Crash Report - $11.00 per report.
- Copy of Traffic Citation - $11.00 per citation
- Address Scan - $6.00 per address.
- Subject Scan - $15.00 per subject
- Copy of Photos - $20 per CD, plus staff time.
- Video - $85.00 minimum, plus staff time
The in-car video has a base fee of $85.00 plus a $42.50 additional charge for any increment of each ½ hour required to process over the first hour. The minimum fee for Body Worn Camera video or City Camera video is $85.00 plus a $42.50 additional charge for any increment of each ½ hour required to process over the first hour. Body-Worn Camera is generally not releasable under ORS 192.345 (40).
Additional fees may be charged on non-standard records requests:
- Cost per data CD created (photos): $20
- Hourly rate to complete the request after the first hour: $40
No personal checks, please. To order a report, fill out and submit the online Police Records Request. Once submitted the request is automatically emailed to our Records Unit and processed. One of our Records clerks will call you when the request is completed and ready to pick up. If the fee is going to be over $25.00 you will receive a call/email with the estimated cost prior to the completion of the request. Your request may take up to 14 days to process. For more information, please call the Records Unit at 541-450-6260.
Criminal History Records
Non-criminal justice agencies or private individuals must write the Oregon State Police to request criminal history records. A fee is required.