The Records Unit is located in the Justice Building on the corner of 5th and B streets in Grants Pass.
The unit is staffed with 7 full-time Records Specialists and a Supervisor. Staffing is supplemented when needed by additional on-call staff to reduce staffing costs and assure quality customer service.
The unit's mission is to collect, maintain, and retrieve police data in order to support other office operations, other government agencies, and the public. Our goal is to do this in a fiscally responsible and courteous manner.
Records procedures are governed by state regulations and are followed in accordance with department policy and Oregon Revised Statutes.
The primary duties of the Records Unit include processing non-emergent calls for service and records management. Other duties include calling out city services in emergent situations after business hours, processing Police Records Requests , releasing impounded vehicles, documenting lost items, and accepting found property. The clerks are also able to take counter reports if officer contact is not needed for an incident.
Front Counter Hours of Operation
The front counter, located in the Justice Building, is open for customer service during the following days and hours:
- Public Safety Lobby - 7 days a week, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sex Offender Registration - Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. only
Other Agencies' Contact Information
Our Records Unit has a strong focus on customer service. As the primary point of contact for many of our citizens, we are often able to refer to the correct agency if a request is out of the scope of our services. Most often these referrals are to one of the following agencies:
- Animal Control - 541-474-5458
- Department of Motor Vehicles - 541-474-3179
- District Attorney's Office - 541-474-5200
- Grants Pass Helpline Referral Service - 541-479-HELP (541-479-4357)
- Josephine County
- Burn Information Line - 541-476-9663
- Community Transit - 541-956-4071
- Civil Office (Fingerprints) - 541-474-5145
- Courts - 541-476-2309
- Jail - 541-474-5140
- Jury Duty Information - 541-476-6252
- Sheriff's Office - 541-474-5123
- Mental Health - 541-474-5365
- Oregon State Police - 541-474-3174
- Parole and Probation - 541-474-5165
- Road and Weather Conditions
- 511 if in Oregon
- 503-588-2941 for out of state
- Asante Three Rivers Medical Center - 541-472-7000
- Women's Crisis Support Team - 541-479-9349