The park use rules below are listed in alphabetic order:
- Alcohol is prohibited in all city parks.
- Amplified sound requires advance approval in order to minimize impact to other park users and nearby residents.
- Barbecue facilities are located at several picnic areas. Ask about locations and use.
- Commercial activities are prohibited in city parks without the written permission of the City Council. This includes the sale of food and drinks.
- Damage deposit of $40 is required with all reservations.
- Dogs must be restrained by a leash not longer than eight feet. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs.
- Electricity and water are available at some shelters; sinks are available at some shelters. If you need hose connections, ask about locations.
- On-site problems: If you have security or other facility concerns call Grants Pass Public Safety Non emergency line at 541-450-6260 and they will notify the proper parks personnel. For emergencies call 911.
- Overnight camping is prohibited.
- Park hours are 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. unless otherwise posted. Field and court lights must be off by 10:30 p.m. Restrooms in all parks are locked between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Tables: If you move tables to an area, please return them to the original location.
- Tents, canopies and other devices may be erected with free-standing poles and weighted bases. Do not drive stakes into the ground. Underground irrigation system pipes and sprinkler heads are located near the surface.
- Trash removal for small events is included in your base fee. Large events have additional fees for park trash collection and removal. No grease is to be dumped into sinks, toilets or on the ground. You need to pick up and bag litter generated by your participants and invited public. Grease may be place in sealed containers and disposed of in the trash.
- Trees: Do not use nails, staples, tacks or similar devices on trees. Ropes should only be attached to trunks and tree limbs over two inches in diameter. Do not climb trees or allow children to play in trees. You are responsible for all damage. Be careful because most trees are valued at over $1,000.
- Vehicles are allowed only in designated, paved parking areas. If any vehicle in your party is driven off roadways without specific written permission your full damage deposit will automatically be forfeit and you may be liable for additional fines and costs. Vehicles may not be driven or parked under the canopy of any tree.