Park Use Rules
July 17, 2020 - The Spray Park is now open from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. daily, with restrictions.
June 12, 2020 - The Skate Park is now open. New signage has been placed at the park alerting users to the social distancing restrictions established by state mandate. Park users must maintain 6-foot distancing. Groups of more than 10 people in the same party are prohibited. The park will be closed if distancing is not maintained or any vandalism occurs.
Vehicles must leave spaces between other cars when parking. Visitors must enter and exit vehicles without lingering or congregating in the parking lot. Parks visitors should bring their own water and hand sanitizer and avoid touching any surfaces. Restrooms may be closed or have fewer than twice per day cleanings.
June 3, 2020 - The BLM has reopened access to Dollar Mountain at NW Crescent.
May 29, 2020 - Effective immediately the tennis courts, pickleball courts and dog parks are officially open. Locks have been removed and new signage in regards to proper social distancing will be up by June 1.
Basketball courts, fields, pavilions and playgrounds remain closed at this time.
Groups of more than 10 people are prohibited. Park users should bring their own water and hand sanitizer, avoid touching shared surfaces, and are prohibited from gathering or lingering in parking lots.
For other restrictions due to Covid-19 and future updates, go to the city's COVID-19 Information page,
During business days contact Parks Staff from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at 541-450-6060 or call Recreation Northwest, Inc from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 541-476-6435.
During weekends, holidays and evening hours please contact the Grants Pass Public Safety Non-emergency line at 541-450-6260. For emergencies call 911.
The park use rules below are listed in alphabetic order:
- Alcohol is prohibited in all city parks unless an alcohol permit has been authorized as part of an approved event. At these events, alcohol may only be consumed in the designated areas.
- Amplified sound requires advance approval through a permit in order to minimize impact to other park users and nearby residents.
- Barbecue facilities are located at several picnic areas and are only to be used for cooking food when the park is open. Only charcoal or wood designed to be used in barbecues is allowed. Shelters with barbecues can be reserved with a fee and deposit. Contact Recreation Northwest, Inc. at 541-471-6435 for locations and use..
- Commercial activities are prohibited in city parks without the written permission of the City Council. This includes the sale of food and drinks.
- Dogs must be restrained by a leash not longer than eight feet. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs.
- Electrical and potable water connections found in various locations and shelters are not authorized to be used unless reserved through Recreation Northwest, Inc.
- Grease No grease is to be dumped into sinks, toilets, storm drains or on the ground. Grease may be placed in sealed containers and disposed of in the trash.
- On-site problems If you have security or other facility concerns call Grants Pass Public Safety Non emergency line at 541-450-6260 and they will notify the proper parks personnel. For emergencies call 911.
- Overnight camping is prohibited.
- Park hours vary depending on the season and daylight. The parks are closed when it is dark with the exception of areas that have field and court lights. Field and court lights must be off by 10:30 p.m. Restrooms in all parks are locked between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Tables If you move tables to an area, please return them to the original location.
- Tents, canopies and other devices may be erected with free-standing poles and weighted bases. Do not drive stakes into the ground. Underground irrigation system pipes and sprinkler heads are located near the surface.
- Trash removal Day use park users may dispose trash generated during their visit in the receptacles found throughout the parks. Outside trash brought into the park is a violation of municipal code, strictly enforced and monitored by camera. For small events, trash removal is included in your base fee. Large events have additional fees for park trash collection and removal. You need to pick up and bag litter generated by your participants and invited public.
- Trees Do not use nails, staples, tacks or similar devices on trees. Ropes should only be attached to trunks and tree limbs over two inches in diameter. Do not climb trees or allow children to play in trees. You are responsible for all damage. Be careful because most trees are valued at over $1,000.
- Vehicles are allowed only in designated, paved parking areas during hours the parks are open. Vehicles left overnight in parks are subject to towing. During events if any vehicle in your party is driven off roadways without specific written permission your full damage deposit will automatically be forfeited and you may be liable for additional fines and costs. Special care around trees must be taken during events where vehicles are allowed outside of paved parking areas. To protect tree root systems, vehicles may not be driven or parked under tree canopies (or otherwise marked areas around trees).
Gilbert Creek Park
1750 NW Hawthorne Avenue
Grants Pass, OR 97526
Grants Pass Parks & Recreation
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Park SurveysGo to the Park Surveys page.
Loudspeaker PolicyAs of June 18, 2018, the following rules and regulations for Outdoor Loudspeakers and/or Concerts in public parks apply:Loudspeaker Permit (PDF)