Funding Request from Solid Waste Agency


The Solid Waste Agency accepts funding requests for community clean-ups and other solid waste issues. If you wish to request funding from the Solid Waste Agency, the first step is to fill out the funding application for the Solid Waste Agency to review. See below for the application link.

The funds the Solid Waste Agency are able to distribute come from the Environmental Program Trust (EPT). This money is received from the waste haulers (Southern Oregon Sanitation and Republic Services), who have franchise agreements with the local jurisdictions (City of Cave Junction, City of Grants Pass, and Josephine County). Every month, the waste haulers must pay a percentage of their earnings in the form of an Environmental Program Fee (EPF) to the EPT.

Per the Franchise Agreements, the EPF money can only be spent on solid waste programs, environmental monitoring, landfill post-closure maintenance, remediation of contaminated or other actions ordered by the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality’s solid waste or clean-up divisions.

If you have any further questions about the Solid Waste Agency or about requests for funding, please call Wendy Higgins at the Public Works Department at 541-450-6110 or by email at

Solid Waste Agency Funding Request Application (PDF)