The Fleet Department
A Division of Public Works
The Fleet Department’s goal is to provide high quality automotive services in a cost-effective manner with minimal downtime.
Fleet Scope of Core Services
Fleet Services organizes and manages a centralized vehicle and procurement operations for all departments for the City of Grants Pass. The vehicles and equipment range from emergency response vehicles, specialized trucks, mowers, trailers, tractors, generators and more. Daily responsibilities include maintaining vehicles and equipment and ensuring the safety of employees and citizens.
Fleet Maintenance Solutions
The Fleet Department oversees the operations within all facets of Fleet. Equipment specifications and recommendations for any equipment is assessed based on accomplishing the needs of each department. New equipment is purchased by either using government cooperative purchasing programs or other competitive bids, allowing the best possible price. As equipment ages, maintenance is performed based on mileage or hour meters. This assures increased longevity of the vehicle and any corrective issues are noticed before they become costly repairs. Servicing all City equipment at a minimum of down-time and at a reduced cost is of primary interest. The Fleet department
- consists of the Fleet Superintendent, two full-time mechanics and a Fleet assistant.
- utilizes a computerized maintenance management software system to track periodic maintenance, parts, fluids and repair cost details.
- conducts the disposition of surplus vehicles and motorized equipment that are no longer able to be cost-effective or repaired to meet the City’s goals.
- oversees a fuel management program and tracks all fuel-related consumables for each vehicle.
- administers a motor pool of shared vehicles that can be reserved and borrowed by employees to conduct City related business.
650 SE "H" St., Bldg. A
Grants Pass, OR 97526