Street Closure Permit

If your event requires a public street to be closed, your event application must go before the City Council for approval.

Completed applications need to be submitted at least 30-60 days prior to the proposed parade date in order for the Council, which meets twice a month, to approve them prior to the event date.

To Apply

  1. Complete the Special Event Application Form.
  2. Include the following in the application package:
    • Street Closure Petitioner Form with signatures from businesses and/or residents impacted by the event.
    • A map showing the street closure and where barricades will be located.
    • The Certificate of Liability Insurance, naming the City of Grants Pass as the certificate holder.
    • If closing a state street, include ODOT's approval. ODOT must also be named as a certificate holder on the Certificate of Liability.
    • If the event is held on a public street and vendors will be selling on the public street you are closing, complete the Special Event Business and Occupation Tax Form.
  3. Submit the application package as instructed on Special Events Application Form.

If you have questions or need more information, please call the Administration Department at 541-450-6000.

Permit Forms

  1. Special Event Application Form (PDF)
    Street Closure Instructions and Checklist (PDF)
    Street Closure Petitioner Form (PDF)
    Special Event Business and Occupation Tax Form (PDF)
    Certificate of Liability Insurance(s) - Sample Form (PDF)

    Construction Related
    Street Closures

    For street closures involving road construction, lane closures, utility work, sidewalk repair, and projects, please contact Engineering Division 541-450-6060.