Downtown Grants Pass
Downtown Grants Pass has been designated a National Historic District because of its historic buildings. It is renowned for its numerous antique shops.
A city's heart and soul is its downtown, and Grants Pass is no exception. In fact, with its National Historic District, outdoor Growers Market, plenty of free off-street parking, visitor information center, and many attractive restaurants and shops, Downtown Grants Pass is very special. Long accustomed to low vacancy rates, the core business district of Grants Pass is alive with activity and opportunities for small businesses.
The entire downtown has received a major, multi-million dollar face-lift with new streets, sidewalks, and other amenities designed to create a more pedestrian-friendly and economically vibrant atmosphere.
Downtown Development Program
To keep Downtown Grants Pass vibrant and thriving, our Downtown Development program includes:
- Building Renovation Loan Fund
- Vertical Housing Development Zone
- All of the City's major Downtown Development functions are carried out by contracts with private-sector companies and organizations. The City implements a National Main Street Program "Four-Point Approach" through a contract with the Grants Pass / Josephine County Chamber of Commerce. The Downtown Development program specifically administers:
- Downtown parking programs and parking lot maintenance
- Downtown landscaping
- Downtown amenities, such as benches, trees, pedestrian lighting and waste cans
- Downtown litter control
- Downtown business development
- Marketing the downtown to tourists
- Downtown building renovation programs
- Downtown infrastructure capital improvement projects
View the Grants Pass Daily Courier Downtown WebCam.