The following fire season regulations are in effect within the City of Grants Pass as of 12:01 AM, September 21, 2022.
• Smoking in areas of flammable vegetation is prohibited.
• Open wood-fueled fires are prohibited, including campfires, cooking fires, and warming fires, except at locations designated by the Fire Marshal. Wood smokers, charcoal barbecues, propane, and natural gas-fueled ornamental fires are allowed.
• Power saws must be shut down between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. Each power saw is required to have one shovel and one fire extinguisher of at least 8-ounce capacity. A firewatch of at least one hour is required following the use of the saw.
• Cutting, grinding, and welding of metal in areas of flammable vegetation is not allowed between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
• The mowing of dried, cured grass will not be allowed between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
• Motor vehicles, including motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles, are only allowed on improved roads free of flammable vegetation, except for the culture and harvest of agricultural crops.
• Any other spark-emitting internal combustion engine in areas of flammable vegetation not specifically mentioned will not be allowed between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. This equipment must be used in a cleared area during other hours, and a charged garden hose or one 2 ½ pound or larger fire extinguisher is immediately available.