Business Oregon Matching Grant
July 14, 2020 - The City of Grants Pass has been awarded matching funds totaling $80,000 from the Oregon Business Development Department (Business Oregon) to facilitate a COVID-19 Emergency Business Grant program for small businesses and non-profits. The City is pleased that prior expenditure of local funds, made available by the City Council for emergency COVID-19 business relief grants, are an eligible match source and no additional local resources are needed to access funds from Business Oregon.
Face Mask Guidance
Effective July 1, 2020, Oregonians statewide are required to wear face coverings in indoor public spaces, beginning this Wednesday July 1. The guidance applies to businesses and members of the public visiting indoor public spaces.
See the Oregon Health Authority Face Mask Guidance PDF document for more information on what this means for businesses and the public.
Phase Two Guidance
Economic Development and Business Services
- County Guidance for Entering Phase 2
- Indoor & Outdoor Entertainment Facilities Guidance
- Restaurants & Bars Guidance
- Swimming Pools, Spas, & Sports Courts Guidance
- Recreational Sport Guidance
- Resuming Business Toolkit
- Workplace COVID-19 Resources
City Meetings and Forums
June 1, 2020 - Meetings have resumed in the Council Chambers. This includes all city advisory committee meetings as well as Council meetings and workshops.
The public can still livestream the meetings on their computers or watch on Channel 183. Follow the Livestream link to watch when the meeting is in session. See the Livestreamed Meetings, Broadcasts, and Videos page for more options
June 12, 2020 - Skate Park now open.
New signage has been placed at the park alerting users to the social distancing restrictions established by state mandate. Park users must maintain 6-foot distancing. Groups of more than 10 people in the same party are prohibited.
Vehicles must leave spaces between other cars when parking. Visitors must enter and exit vehicles without lingering or congregating in the parking lot.
Parks visitors should bring their own water and hand sanitizer and avoid touching any surfaces. Restrooms may be closed or have fewer than twice per day cleanings.
The park will be closed if distancing is not maintained or any vandalism occurs
May 29, 2020 - Tennis courts, pickleball courts and dog parks are officially open. Locks have been removed and new signage in regards to proper social distancing will be up by June 1.
Basketball courts, fields, pavilions and playgrounds remain closed at this time.
Groups of more than 10 people are prohibited. Park users should bring their own water and hand sanitizer, avoid touching shared surfaces, and are prohibited from gathering or lingering in parking lots.
Dollar Mountain - The BLM has reopened access to Dollar Mountain at Northwest Crescent.
Parks and Recreation
The Parks and Recreation office are now open. Their hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone: 541-471-6435.
Send an email to Grants Pass Recreation.
May 20, 2020 - City offices will open to walk in traffic, with the exception of Finance Customer Service, which will open once the appropriate safety measures are installed.
Police and Fire/Rescue lobbies are opening:
- Police lobby at 726 NE 7th Street:
8:00 am through 1:001 pm daily.
- The Fire Rescue lobby at 800 East Park Street:
8:00 am to 12:00 pm, and from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
We will still be practicing social distancing within the public buildings.
City of Grants Pass Actions
On Monday, March 23, the Grants Pass City Council adopted a resolution declaring a state of emergency at their special city council meeting. At that time, the bulleted actions were taken.
- Public walk-in traffic at all city offices has been suspended during state mandated social distancing restrictions. (amended 5/20/2020 per Phase 1 Reopening Operations - all offices except for Finance are open to walk-in traffic)
- Community Development Department services will be available by appointment only.
- The public will still be served where necessary at the main Public Safety Station.
This page is updated regularly to provide our public with up to date information. Updates and links to information and resources are listed below, categorized by topic, department, community, state, and federal information.
City Council Adopts COVID-19 Emergency Grants Assistance and Recovery Program
On Monday, April 7, the Grants Pass City Council adopted the COVID-19 Emergency Grants Assistance and Recovery Program to provide immediate funds to small local business owners to cover ongoing expenses during the State "Stay at Home, Save Lives" mandate.
This is a first come first served grant program due to limited funding ability.
Email the application and W9 to firstname.lastname@example.org, use the subject heading "Emergency Business Assistance Application."
You may also drop them off at City Hall, 101 NW A St, PCD (#202) or the Customer Service Drop Box.
Community Development Block Grant
In response to combating the effects of COVID-19, the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) allocated special CDBG funds for entitlement entities. The City of Grants Pass will receive $220,405 in CDBG entitlement funds to be used to prevent, prepare for and respond to COVID-19. This allocation was authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act).
Here are links to community organizations whose responses to the crisis may be of interest to our public.
Child Care for Essential Workers
Rules are rapidly evolving on the child care front. All child cares that want to remain open must apply to be designated as an emergency child care provider.
Emergency child care is intended to serve health care and other essential workers. See the Essential Workers During the COVID Pandemic for more information on which workers are considered essential.
Use the following to look for child care:
CALL 211 or 1-866-698-6155 Listen for the “Child Care” prompt, otherwise there may be a long wait
TEXT keyword "children" or "ninos" to 898211 (TXT211)
Search for child care providers online
- Essential Workers During the COVID Pandemic PDF Download
- Emergency Child Care Guidance for Essential Workers in Southern Oregon (PDF)
The City has implemented temporary 15-minute take-out parking provisions and the creation of signs to be distributed to local restaurants for their use as they adapt to restrictions regarding on-site dining.
Check out the Restaurant Guide page for a list of local restaurants which may offer takeout and/or delivery services in Grants Pass. Their addresses and phone numbers are included.
Businesses - Employers - Employees
- To complain about Executive Order compliance (violations), go to the OSHA Hazard Report Reporting page.
- Employees with complaints/concerns about your employer call the Bureau of Labor and Industries (BOLI) at 971-673-0761 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Employers with questions, call the BOLI Employer Technical Assistance hotline at 971-673-0824 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tourism Industry - fill out Travel Oregon’s online form to give feedback on how to best meet the needs the 155,000 Oregonians directly employed in the tourism industry.
Small Business Administration Resources
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans - SBA Disaster Assistance in Response to the Coronavirus. Oregon has not yet received the SBA EIDL, but Josephine and Jackson counties are included in this declaration: Disaster Loan Assistance.
- Coronavirus Relief Options - In addition to traditional SBA funding programs, the CARES Act established several new temporary programs to address the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Coronavirus Relief Funding Options for Small Businesses from the SBA (Bulletin)
- List of Lenders who Serve Oregon and SW Washington (PDF)
- COVID-19 Related Business Layoffs, Closures, and Unemployment Insurance Benefits (Oregon Employment Department) to find information for both employees and employers.
- Comparison of SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) vs Paycheck Protection Program Loan (PPPL) (Document)
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES) - Question and Answers (Document)
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act (Document)
- Small Business Administration Coronavirus (COVID-19) Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Information Sheet (PDF)
State and Local Business Resources
- Oregon SBDC Oregon Business Advisory Response Plan Regarding COVID-19
- Business Adversity Response Plan (PDF)PDF Download (RCC Small Business Development Center) - planning guidelines and possible suggestions for cash flow, operations, and more.
- Small Business Resource Navigator – (Business Oregon) available resources for small businesses providing financial assistance in the event of local, regional, or statewide economic impacts due to identified disasters
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Interim Guidance for Businesses (Business Oregon) - guidance may help prevent workplace exposures to acute respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, in non-healthcare settings.
- Oregon Manufacturing Extension Partnership Webinars - Check out the free COVID 19 and manufacturing webinar series.
- Tonkon Torp Guidance on Business Interruption Insurance. Tips on what might or might not be covered by business interruption insurance.
- COVID-19 Information for Employers, Business - University of Minnesota Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy.
Josephine Community Library
All four library branches in Grants Pass, Illinois Valley, Williams, and Wolf Creek are closed until further notice. Go to the Josephine Community Library website for more information.
Trash Haulers and Transfer Stations
Southern Oregon Sanitation (SOS)
All collection routes are currently running, and customer service representatives are available. The Redwood and Kerby Transfer Stations & Recycle Depots are now open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday – Saturday, and closed Sundays. Eagle Point Recycle Depot is open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday – Friday, and closed Saturdays and Sundays.
All service routes will be running on normal schedule, but The time waste is collected may fluctuate. Put waste out the night before to ensure collection. Republic Services has suspended bulk item pick-up. They will only pick up trash in a cart or in bags beside the cart. No loose items. All recycling must be in the cart, including cardboard.
Effective April 12, the Merlin Transfer Station will be open during regular hours Monday through Saturday, closed on Sundays. Customers are encouraged to pay with a debit or credit card to reduce interaction between the public and Republic Services employees.
Official State of Oregon Information
Oregon Coronavirus Information and Resources page from the Office of the Governor, includes these topics:
- Health Information: Common Questions and Answers
- Closings, Rules, and Recommendations
- Resources for Employees
- Resources for Employers
- Other Resources
- Federal Updates
- Executive Orders
- Governor’s Coronavirus Economic Advisory Council
COVID-19 Related Business Layoffs, Closures, and Unemployment Insurance Benefits page - information for both employees and employers.(Oregon Employment Department)
COVID-19 page on the OHA website This page includes these topics:
- Situation in Oregon
- Governor Brown’s Executive Orders and Guidance from the OHA and DHS
- COVID 19 Resources for the Community
- Situation in US and Globally
- Informational Videos
Coronavirus Updates - US and Global
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Go to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Situation Summary for the situation in the US.
- World Health Organization - go the Coronavirus Diseases (COVID-19) Outbreak page.
The City Manager's Weekly Report for the week ending July 31, 2020. Additional Info...
The City of Grants Pass Parks and Property Management Division has reopened the Spray Park at Riverside Park just in time for the coming summer heat. Spray Park hours will be noon to 8 p.m. each day. Read on...
The City of Grants Pass is hosting a virtual community forum regarding the Urban Growth Boundary Rezoning Project 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 4. City staff will present proposed rezoning for the study area, followed by a question and answer session. Read on...
Local residents are invited to join members of the Grants Pass City Council for discussion and conversation at city parks and facilities during Council Community Connection events 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. every second and fourth Friday of each month. Read on...