Urban Growth Boundary Rezoning Project
Upcoming Public Meetings
Urban Area Planning Commission Public Hearing – October 28, 2020, 6:00pm
- UAPC Staff Report
- Notice of Public Hearings Urban Growth Boundary Rezone/Zone Map Amendment (PDF)
- The Urban Area Planning Commission will hold the first public hearing for this Rezone project in the Council Chambers at City Hall (101 NW A Street).
- A detailed staff report will be available and posted to this web site no later than October 20, 2020 at 5:00pm. Upon request, hard copies of the report may also be picked-up at the Community Development Department on the 2nd floor of City Hall in Suite 202.
- Public comments will be accepted both in writing and in-person. Written comments must be submitted to the Community Development Department or to Carolyn Nealon at email@example.com no later than 5:00pm on Monday, October 26th. Oral comments can be made during the public hearing at City Hall. Social distancing will be enforced.
- The October 28th UAPC public hearing will also be a virtual meeting. Anyone interested in viewing the meeting can use the following MS Teams phone number and Conference I.D:
+1 971-279-6431 United States, Portland (Toll)
Conference ID: 578 632 983#
- Public comments will not be accepted via MS Teams. You must either submit a written comment by 5:00pm on 10/26 or attend the meeting and make an oral comment before the Commission.
August 4, 2020 UGB Rezone Virtual Forum
- Recording of 8/4/20 UGB Rezone Forum (MP4)
Please note that this file will take approximately 5 minutes to download, depending on your system and internet service.
- PowerPoint presentation of 8/4/20 UGB Rezone Forum
- UGB Rezone Zoning Factors Memo
- Draft UGB Rezone Maps
Following the virtual community forum and public comment period, the City will consider community comments when preparing revised rezoning maps. Revised zoning district changes will then go through an adoption process scheduled to begin in fall 2020. Interested community members will have an opportunity to provide comments at all public hearings. A schedule of those hearings will be posted to this webpage as dates are confirmed.
Have a question? Want email updates? Contact Bradley Clark, Principal Planner, at (541) 450-6061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Grants Pass has initiated a process to rezone approximately 545 acres of rural, county-zoned properties to city urban zoning districts that implement the city’s adopted Comprehensive Plan districts for those properties. These areas are currently within the city’s Urban Growth Boundary (UGB), but outside of city limits. This is a much-anticipated step in achieving the community’s goal to expand the city’s buildable land inventory.
About the Project
In 2014, the City of Grants Pass expanded the UGB to accommodate forecasts for increased growth and population. With that expansion, there are approximately 1,600 acres of land currently within the UGB, but outside of city limits. Some of these properties already have been zoned for urban development, consistent with a joint city-county agreement that permits urban rezoning of rural lands within the UGB to better facilitate the transition from rural to urban development. The city-county agreement does not require that lands be annexed to the city prior to application of urban zoning. There are approximately 545 acres remaining within the UGB that still have rural, county zoning and have not been rezoned or annexed for urban-level development.
The City is initiating a process to rezone all the existing rural properties from rural to urban zoning districts that implement the city’s adopted Comprehensive Plan designations for those properties. The Comprehensive Plan includes employment, commercial, and residential designations for these various properties, including residential development at low, moderate, high and high-rise densities. Each Comprehensive Plan designation has one or several corresponding city zoning
|Comprehensive Plan Designation||Zoning District|
|Low Density Residential (LR)||R-1-12
|Moderate Density Residential (MR)||R-1-6
|High Density Residential||R-3 (R-3-1)|
|High Rise Density Residential (HRR)||R-4-1
|Commercial (COMM)||Neighborhood Commercial (NC)
General Commercial (GC-1)
General Commercial (GC-2)
Office Residential (OR)
|Employment (EMP)||Business Park (BP)