- Economic Development
- Business Funding & Incentive Programs
- Light the Storefronts/Security Camera Program
Light the Storefronts / Security Camera Grant Incentive Program
The City of Grants Pass has a vibrant downtown and the local merchants and small business entrepreneurs are working hard to improve the downtown shopping experience.
One of the things that makes for a vibrant downtown is lighting. Illuminating the storefronts to show off merchandise at night while the city is still bustling with local diners creates an atmosphere for window shopping.
Security cameras give merchants peace of mind when stores are closed. Lighting and security cameras give locals and tourists alike an added sense of safety.
Encouraging downtown merchants to improve the aesthetics of their storefronts will be beneficial to citizens in addition to attracting tourism.
- Light the Storefronts/Security Camera Matching Grant Program Information
- Light the Storefronts/Security Camera Matching Grant Application (PDF) - send the application by email to Dana Pearce (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Soft lighting that spills onto the sidewalk and street, improving the ambiance of downtown.
- Color temperature appropriate range of 2000 K up to 3500 K (K=Kelvin)
- White LED lighting that shines on window merchandise.
- Lighting inside and around the storefront windows.
Eligible Security Cameras and set up
- Wireless ok
- Installation and surveillance up to matching $1,000
- Grantee to work with Public Safety to determine camera location
- Flashing lights
- Strobe lighting
- Bright neon lights
- Colored lighting
- Within the Grants Pass downtown area, bounded by: C Street to the North, M Street to the South, and between 3rd and 8th Streets.
Conditions and Considerations
- The maximum matching grant for any one applicant will be no greater than $1,000.
- Grant funds are intended for reimbursement of active tenant/merchant costs.
- Grant funds will not be used for previously completed projects.
- All applications will be reviewed and approved on a first come first serve basis.
- The City will not grant funds until the work is complete.
- The incentive grant is available until the program funds are exhausted.
- The City will review grant applications for compliance with historic guidelines and period appropriateness.
- The minimum match amount required from the applicant shall be no less than 50% of the total cost of the project.
Grant Approval Process
- The applicant must submit a completed application (PDF) and the required detailed information.
- The Economic Development Manager will provide notice of award for successful applications.
- The lighting must be installed within one month from the approval date.
- Money for the grant will be disbursed after the applicant has completed the project and has submitted financial information to the City.
Questions on eligibility can be directed to Dana Pearce, Economic Development Manager; (541) 450-6014.
Economic Development Manager
Email Dana Pearce
Economic Development Specialist
Email James Conway
101 NW A Street
Grants Pass, OR 97526
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.