Light the Storefronts Grant Incentive Program
The City of Grants Pass has a vibrant downtown and the local merchants and small business entrepreneurs are working hard to improve the downtown shopping experience. One of the things that makes for a vibrant downtown is lighting. Illuminating the storefronts to show off merchandise at night while the city is still bustling with local diners, creates an atmosphere for window-shopping. Storefront lighting in place when a business is closed gives locals and tourist alike an added sense of safety. Encouraging downtown merchants to improve the aesthetics of their storefronts will be beneficial to citizens in addition to attracting tourism.
- Soft lighting that spills out into the sidewalk and street improving the ambiance of downtown.
- Color temperature appropriate range of 2000 K up to 3500 K (K=Kelvin)
- White LED lighting that shines on window merchandise.
- Lighting inside and around the storefront windows.
- Flashing lights
- Strobe lighting
- Bright neon lights
- Colored lighting
- Within the Grants Pass downtown area as bounded by: C Street to the North, M Street to the South, and between 4th and 8th Streets.
Conditions and Considerations
- The maximum matching grant for any one applicant will be no greater than $1,000.
- Grant funds are intended for reimbursement of active tenant/merchant costs.
- Grant funds will not be used for previously completed projects.
- All applications will be reviewed and approved on a first come first serve basis.
- The City will not grant funds until the work is complete.
- The incentive grant is available until the program funds are exhausted.
- The City will review grant applications for compliance with historic guidelines and period appropriateness.
- The minimum match amount required from the applicant shall be no less than 50% of the total cost of the project.
Grant Approval Process
- The applicant must submit a completed application and required detailed information.
- The Economic Development Department’s Business Advocate will provide notice of award for successful applications.
- The lighting must be installed within one month from the approval date.
- Money for the grant will be disbursed after the applicant has completed the project and has submitted financial information to the City.
Questions on eligibility can be directed to Susan Seereiter, Business Advocate; (541) 450-6014.