- Public Works
- Public Works and You
This Public Works Program gives citizens the opportunity to take ownership of a street of their choice (as long as it is a City street), organize regular litter pickups and contribute to a cleaner, healthier Grants Pass.
Picking up refuse along our City streets will keep it out of the stormwater system, creeks, and rivers ensuring our waterways are maintained at an optimum level.
- Adopt-a-Street members participate in cleanup efforts at their adopted sites at least quarterly (four times a year).
- Cleanups are scheduled by each group/individual at their convenience.
- In exchange for a two-year commitment of organizing litter pickups, a customized sign will be installed at each end of your adopted street to announce the name of your group and to honor your community service.
The City of Grants Pass will supply some safety vests, trash bags, and safety guidelines for the participants.
Become a Member of Our Adopt-a-Street Team
In a few easy steps, you can be part of the team. Read the steps below. Download the Adopt-a-Street brochure (PDF) to print the information.
Setting up the Team
- Choose a minimum of two (2) City blocks to keep clean. You can verify that the street is available by clicking on this link: City Street Map.
- You can search by address
- Only streets in blue can be adopted
- Green are sections that have already been adopted
- Read, complete, and sign the Agreement of Terms and Conditions (PDF) and return the form to the City of Grants Pass Public Works Department at City Hall, Room 205. You will receive confirmation of your request within 7 days.
- Read and sign the Safety Guidelines (PDF). (It can be returned with the Agreement form).
- When your request is approved, print the Liability Release (PDF) form, and have each member sign the form, it is not necessary to list children’s names. Return the form to the City of Grants Pass Public Works Department at City Hall, Room 205, fax 541-479-6765, or email the Public Works Department . The Group Leader should have new volunteers sign the form and turn it into the Public Works Department.
- Once you have been approved, choose the name you would like to have placed on your sign. You can print or email the Adopt-a-Street Sign (PDF) form.Public Works Department
- Group Leader Volunteer Activity Checklist
- Pick up Safety vests and trash bags.
- Clean the adopted street.
- Call 541-450-6110 to arrange trash pickup after you have cleaned the street.
- Take a photo and send it in, you could be featured on our webpage.
- Preparation - Group Leader Volunteer Activity Checklist.
- Supplies - Contact the City Public Works Department for your safety vests and for more trash bags. (not everyone will be supplied a vest)
- Updates - Contact the Public Works Office 541-450-6110 to update any information.
- Trash Pickup - Call 541-450-6110 to arrange trash pickup after you have cleaned the street.
- New Volunteers - Have any new volunteers to your group sign the Liability Release Group Form and turn into City Hall Public Works Department.
Send photos of your group with the bags to: the Public Works Department ). Each time you have an event, call or email and we will keep a log. Again, thank you for your commitment.
- Bennett Family/Nevotti Family, SE Grant between B St to Bellevue
- Brighton Academy, NE Mead Street
- Cadman-Honorary member, Redwood Ave
- Carsten Family, SE Haviland between SE Linden Ln & Mayfield Dr
- Caveman Kiwanis, SE Camelot
- Caveman Kiwanis, SE N Street
- Clean Solutions, NE Spalding Avenue
- Coral Sea Scuba, SW 5th St between "M" & Central
- Deatherage Family, Pepperwood (all)
- First Christian Church, SW H St between 4th & Pine Street
- Fruitdale Grange #379, Parkdale between RR Hwy & Parkway
- Glover, Dave & Lora, SE Gladiola & SE Portola
- GPHS Band & Color Guard, A St between Baker & 10th St
- Grants Pass Clinic, Ringuette
- Grants Pass Professional Firefighters IAFF 3564, East Park St between Clara & Parkdale
- Grants Pass Public Works, A St from 6th to 4th, 4th St from A to C, C St from 4th to 6th
- Grants Pass Young Professionals Network, Washington from Morgan to Hillcrest
- Greater Grants Pass Rotary Club, G St between 4th to 9th St
- Greenleaf Industries, Midland Ave
- Hampton Inn & Suites, Hillcrest Dr between Hawthorne Ave & 9th St
- Hansen Family, E Park between SE S Park & SE Vista
- Hearts with a Mission, 9th Street between Hillcrest and A Street
- IOOF, I St between 5th & 8th Streets
- JOCO Drug Court Alumni, Bridge Street (all)
- Knights of Columbus, H Street between 6th & 9th St
- Master Brand Cabinets Inc., SE Mill Street
- Messenger Family, SW Greenwood between Bridge & Westholm
- Mycorrhizal Applications - Booth Street between C and G and E Street between Fry and 3rd
- GPHS Key Clubs, Highland between Cooke & Bellevue
- Oak Lane Retirement, Oak Street
- Outback Pool & Spa, F Street, Westbrook Way, and Drury Lane
- Paragon Orthopedic Center, Washington between Midland & A Street
- RCC Student Veterans, 4th St between C & H St.
- Ron & Ingrid Sumrall, Casey Pl, Kayleigh Way, & Krystin Pl
- Sandys Family, Lawnridge between A & Loughridge
- Siskiyou Pediatric Clinic, SW Foundry, SW G and NW 3rd
- St. Anne Catholic Church, NE 10th between A & 1131 10th
- St. Anne Catholic School, NE 10th between 1131 10th & Hillcrest
- Stream Smart, M Street from 4th to Mill
- Team Siedlecki, SW K Street - 1000-1900 Block
- Team Siedlecki, Spruce Street
- Team Waier USPS Retired, Willow Lane between Leonard & Redwood Streets
- The Johnson Family, SE Grandview from Cloverlawn to the end
- Three Rivers Cardiac A/B Unit, Ramsey between Allen Cr & Union
- TRMC Central Transport, Union Ave
- Tucker Family, SE Yorktown
101 NW A Street, Room 205
Grants Pass, OR 97526
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.