Adopt-A-Street Challenge to Civic Groups
The City of Grants Pass would like to challenge all of our fine civic groups to adopt a section of City street and to hold quarterly events to pick up debris. Show your civic pride, see how much trash you can collect and be sure to let us know. At the end of the year we will publish a list of who collected the most bags of rubbish and post photos of the winning teams.
About the Adopt-A-Street Program
This Public Works Program gives citizens the opportunity to take ownership of a street of their choice (as long as it is a City street), organize regular litter pickups and contribute to a cleaner, healthier Grants Pass.
Picking up refuse along our City streets will keep it out of the stormwater system, out of the creeks and rivers ensuring our waterways are maintained at an optimum level.
- Adopt-A-Street members participate in cleanup efforts at their adopted sites at least quarterly (four times a year).
- Cleanups are scheduled by each group/individual at their convenience.
- In exchange for a two year commitment of organizing litter pickup, a customized sign will be installed at each end of your adopted street to announce the name of your group and to honor your community service.
The City of Grants Pass will supply some safety vests, trash bags, and safety guidelines for the participants.
Become a Member of Our Adopt-A-Street Team
In a few easy steps, you can be part of the team. Read the steps below. Download the Adopt-A-Street brochure to print the information.
Setting up the Team
- Choose a minimum of two (2) City blocks to keep clean. You can verify that the street is available by clicking on this link: City Street Map.
- You can search by address
- Only streets in blue can be adopted
- Green are sections that have already been adopted
- Read, complete, and sign the Agreement of Terms and Conditions and return the form to the City of Grants Pass Public Works Department at City Hall, Room 205. You will receive confirmation of your request within 7 days.
- Read and sign the Safety Guidelines. (It can be returned with the Agreement form).
- When your request is approved, print the Liability Release form, and have each member sign the form, it is not necessary to list children's names. Return the form to the City of Grants Pass Public Works Department at City Hall, Room 205, fax 541-479-6765, or email firstname.lastname@example.org . The Group Leader should have new volunteers sign the form and turn it into the Public Works Department.
- Once you have been approved, choose the name you would like to have placed on your sign. You can print or email the Adopt-A-Street Sign form.
- Group Leader Volunteer Activity Checklist
- Pick up Safety vests and trash bags.
- Clean the adopted street.
- Call 541-450-6110 to arrange trash pickup after you have cleaned the street.
- Take a photo and send it in, you could be featured on our webpage.
- Preparation - Group Leader Volunteer Activity Checklist.
- Supplies - Contact the City Public Works Department for your safety vests and for more trash bags. (not everyone will be supplied a vest)
- Updates - Contact the Public Works Office 541-450-6110 to update any information.
- Trash Pickup - Call 541-450-6110 to arrange trash pickup after you have cleaned the street.
- New Volunteers - Have any new volunteers to your group sign the Liability Release Group Form and turn into City Hall Public Works Department.
Send photos of your group with the bags to: email@example.com ). Each time you have an event, call or email and we will keep a log. Again, thank you for your commitment.
Adopted Street (s)
|1||Grants Pass Public Works
||4th to A, 4th to B, 5th to A St, B St|
|2||Kuhnert Family||Esther Lane|
||The Sandys Family||3rd St, Lawnridge|
|4||Three Rivers Cardiac A/B
||Ramsey-from Allen Crk Rd to Union Ave|
|5||LaPlante Family||A Street from Baker to 4th|
|6||Greater Grants Pass Rotary Club||G Street from 4th to 9th|
|7||GPHS Band & Color Guard||A Street from NE Baker to NE 10th St|
|8||Hearts with a Mission||NE 9th Street from NE A to NE Hillcrest|
|9||Paragon Orthopedics||Washington Ave from Midland to A Street|
|10||Tucker Family||SE Yorktown Dr.|
|11||Dave & Lora||SE Gladiola and SE Portola|
|12||Knights of Columbus, St. Anne #3157||H Street between 6th & 9th Streets|
|13||Asante Three Rivers Central Transport Dept. TRMC||Union Ave|
|14||Team Siedlecki||Spruce Street|
|15||Grants Pass Clinic||Ramsey Ave|
|16||GP School D7 Transportation||200-600 NE Agness Ave|
||SE N Street|
|18||Caveman Kiwanis||SE N Street|
|19||Messenger Family||SW Greenwood Ave, Bridge St - Westholm Park|
|20||JOCO Drug Court Alumni
|21||Insurance Lounge Inc.||NE Savage-from 6th St to Beacon Dr.|
|22||Fruitdale Grange #379||(Parkdale Dr-from RR Hwy - Parkway
|23||Honorary Member (William Cadman)||Redwood Ave-George Tweed to Kokanee|
|24||St Anne Catholic Church||1131 NE 10th Street to Hillcrest|
|25||St Anne Catholic Church||A Street to 1131 NE 10th Street|
|26||RCC Student Veterans||4th Street from C to H Streets|
|27||Greenleaf Ind. Garden Center||Midland Ave|
|28||Brighton Academy||NE Mead Street|