Adopt-A-Street Challenge to Civic Groups
The City of Grants Pass would like to challenge all of our fine civic groups to adopt a section of City street and to hold quarterly events to pick up debris. Show your civic pride, see how much trash you can collect and be sure to let us know. At the end of the year we will publish a list of who collected the most bags of rubbish and post photos of the winning teams.
About the Adopt-A-Street Program
This Public Works Program gives citizens the opportunity to take ownership of a street of their choice (as long as it is a City street), organize regular litter pickups and contribute to a cleaner, healthier Grants Pass.
Picking up refuse along our City streets will keep it out of the stormwater system, out of the creeks and rivers ensuring our waterways are maintained at an optimum level.
- Adopt-A-Street members participate in cleanup efforts at their adopted sites at least quarterly (four times a year).
- Cleanups are scheduled by each group/individual at their convenience.
- In exchange for a two year commitment of organizing litter pickup, a customized sign will be installed at each end of your adopted street to announce the name of your group and to honor your community service.
The City of Grants Pass will supply some safety vests, trash bags, and safety guidelines for the participants.
Become a Member of Our Adopt-A-Street Team
In a few easy steps, you can be part of the team. Read the steps below. Download the Adopt-A-Street brochure (PDF) to print the information.
Setting up the Team
- Choose a minimum of two (2) City blocks to keep clean. You can verify that the street is available by clicking on this link: City Street Map.
- You can search by address
- Only streets in blue can be adopted
- Green are sections that have already been adopted
- Read, complete, and sign the Agreement of Terms and Conditions (PDF) and return the form to the City of Grants Pass Public Works Department at City Hall, Room 205. You will receive confirmation of your request within 7 days.
- Read and sign the Safety Guidelines (PDF). (It can be returned with the Agreement form).
- When your request is approved, print the Liability Release (PDF) form, and have each member sign the form, it is not necessary to list children's names. Return the form to the City of Grants Pass Public Works Department at City Hall, Room 205, fax 541-479-6765, or email the Public Works Department . The Group Leader should have new volunteers sign the form and turn it into the Public Works Department.
- Once you have been approved, choose the name you would like to have placed on your sign. You can print or email the Adopt-A-Street Sign (PDF) form.
- Group Leader Volunteer Activity Checklist
- Pick up Safety vests and trash bags.
- Clean the adopted street.
- Call 541-450-6110 to arrange trash pickup after you have cleaned the street.
- Take a photo and send it in, you could be featured on our webpage.
- Preparation - Group Leader Volunteer Activity Checklist.
- Supplies - Contact the City Public Works Department for your safety vests and for more trash bags. (not everyone will be supplied a vest)
- Updates - Contact the Public Works Office 541-450-6110 to update any information.
- Trash Pickup - Call 541-450-6110 to arrange trash pickup after you have cleaned the street.
- New Volunteers - Have any new volunteers to your group sign the Liability Release Group Form and turn into City Hall Public Works Department.
Send photos of your group with the bags to: the Public Works Department ). Each time you have an event, call or email and we will keep a log. Again, thank you for your commitment.
|1||City of Grants Pass Public Works||4th Street from A to C Street
C Street from 4th to 6th Street
|2||The Kuhnert Family||Esther Street|
|3||The Sandys Family||Lawnridge from A to Loughridge|
|4||Scott and Mary||F Street from 6th to Fall Run|
|5||Three Rivers Cardiac A/B
Ramsey from Allen
Creek Road to Union Avenue
|6||LaPlante Family||A Street from Baker to 4th|
|8||GPHS Band and Color Guard||A Street from Northeast Baker to Northeast 10th Street|
|9||Hearts with a Mission||Northeast 9th Street from Northeast A to Northeast Hillcrest|
|10||Paragon Orthopedics||Washington Avenue from Midland to A Street|
|11||Dave and Lora||Southeast Gladiola and Southeast Portola|
|12||Knights of Columbus, St. Anne #3157||H Street between 6th & 9th Streets|
|13||Asante Three Rivers Central Transport Dept. Three Rivers Medical Center||Union Avenue|
|14||Team Siedlecki||Spruce Street|
|15||Grants Pass Clinic||Ramsey Avenue|
||Southeast N Street|
|17||Caveman Kiwanis||Southeast Camelot|
|18||Messenger Family||Southwest Greenwood Ave, Bridge Street to Westholm Park|
|19||JOCO Drug Court Alumni
|20||Insurance Lounge Inc.||Northeast Savage from 6th Street to Beacon Drive|
|21||Fruitdale Grange #379||Parkdale Drive from Rogue River Highway to Parkway
|22||Honorary Member (William Cadman)||Redwood Avenue from George Tweed to Kokanee|
|23||St Anne Catholic Church||1131 Northeast 10th Street to Hillcrest|
|24||St Anne Catholic School||A Street to 1131 Northeast 10th Street|
|25||RCC Student Veterans||4th Street from C to H Streets|
|26||Greenleaf Ind. Garden Center||Midland Avenue|
|27||Brighton Academy||Northeast Mead Street|
|28||North Valley & Grants Pass High School Key Clubs||Northwest Highland Avenue from Northwest Bellevue to Northwest Cooke Avenue|
|29||1st Christian Church||Southwest H Street from 4th to Pine Street|
|30||Bennett Family & Nevotti Family||Northwest Grant Street from B Street to Bellevue|
|31||Your Local Wells Fargo Bank||E Street between 3rd and 9th Streets|
|32||Oak Lane Retirement||Oak Street|
|33||Southern Oregon Girls Jeep Club||Washington Blvd from Midland to Morgan, NW Morgan Between Washington and Hawthorne, and Hawthorne from NW Morgan to Midland|
|34||Hansen Family||E Park St from SE S Park Dr to SE Vista|
|35||The Johnson Family||SE Grandview Ave|
|36||Ron and Ingrid Sumrall Family||SE Kayleigh Way, SE Krystin Pl, and SE Casey Pl|
|37||Candy's Family||Candy Lane and D St from Candy to Flint|
|39||FCR||100 - 200 Block of SW H Street|
|40||Tucker Family||SE Yorktown|
|41||Wells Fargo Bank||F Street between 6th and 9th Streets|