Suggested Biking Trails
- Cathedral Hills (PDF) is a great place to ride if you have a mountain bike. It is close in but feels like you are way out of town. Approximately 400 acres have been devoted to walkers, biking and horseback riding. There are several trails for moderate and difficult rides. Please use caution when sharing these trails.
- Lower River Road Loop - This ride is flat, easy, and mostly scenic.
- Allen Creek (PDF) (moderate) ride is about 13 miles and covers gradual hills in the countryside but some in town streets as well.
- Winona Loop (PDF) is 32 miles and at the top of the list for a difficult ride in this area. If you start at the recommended location, the ride is a challenge for most. If you reverse the direction and go northbound up Granite Hill Road, expect a very challenging climb. Many must walk their bikes up this one.
Riding with the family and little ones is a lot of fun but not if you have to cross highways and share the road with cars. Depending on your energy level, there are 3 suggested family oriented rides.
- Reinhart Volunteer Park - has great trails and is accessible from both sides of the Rogue River.
- Tom Pearce Park Trail - is great for having a nice ride and then hanging out at the park for awhile as well.
- Rogue River Greenway Trail - begins in Rogue River at the Depot Street Bridge. This is a very kid-friendly trail but if you are more inclined to ride alone and for a long ride, it winds all the way to Ashland.