All customer water accounts are metered.
Water rates are reviewed and new rates established annually in order to assure adequate revenues for water system support.
Monthly water billing is based on 2 charges:
- the size of the meter (service charge) and
- how much water is used (1 unit = approximately 748 gallons).
Please be aware that those receiving water services who are outside the city limits and do not have a signed service and annexation agreement are subject to a 60% surcharge on all water charges.
Water Rates Effective January 1, 2017
Customer Service Charges
|Meter Size||Per Month||Additional Unit Charge for Multifamily & PUDs|
|3/4 inches or less||$17.31||$6.49|
The customer service charge does not include any water use.
Single Family Residential
Water usage for a single family residence will be blocked out as detailed below.
- 1-10 Units - $0.91
- 11-25 Units - $1.16
- 26 and More Units - $1.37
Water usage rates for all classes other than single family residential are detailed below and will be based upon per unit measure.
|Customer Class||Unit Rate|
|Multifamily and PUD||$0.91|
|Commercial / Public||$1.08|
|Interruptible irrigation for public parks and schools||$0.91|
|Irrigation - all classes||$1.56|
|Standby - all classes||$1.56|
Service Level Charges
Charges are based on service levels, as follows:
- Service Level 1 - No charge
- Service Level 2 - $0.1006 per unit
- Service Level 3 - $0.2350 per unit
- Service Level 4 - $0.3356 per unit
- Service Level 5 - $0.4363 per unit
A customer is required to pay a deposit to obtain utility services (only applies to accounts with water) if any of the following apply:
- The customer or a member of the household has had a collection or write off account within five years of establishment of a new account. The deposit will be the maximum of $150 for residential accounts.
- The customer or a member of the household had a deposit that had not been refunded due to good credit on a previously established account that had been terminated within five years of establishment of a new account. The deposit will be the same as the previously held deposit.
- All customers must pay a deposit on the 1st and 3rd termination for non-payment (shut-off) of account. Deposit is $75 for residential and varies for multifamily and commercial based upon number of multifamily units or annual billing. Deposit may be waived at the discretion of the utility billing supervisor or designee based upon extenuating circumstances.
- A customer refuses to give information requested by the city for the purpose of clarifying the customer’s identity or credibility, or a customer who provides false information at the time of application.
- A customer uses a pseudonym with the apparent intent of avoiding payment of previous billings.
To view the current Sewer Rates, go to the Sewer Rates page.