In-Ground Swimming Pools
A building permit is required for in-ground swimming pools. Applicants are required to submit 2 sets of engineered pool plans and site plans to the Community Development office for plan review. Residential lots with pools must meet state code pool barrier requirements (PDF). To submit an application for a pool permit, download a building permit application (PDF) and submittal checklist (PDF).
Building permits are not required to install pre-fabricated above ground and on-ground temporary pools for 1 and 2 family dwellings, however:
- You must have the permission of the property owner
- You must place the pool within the property setbacks required for the zoning of the property (view the table below)
- You are responsible to meet state code pool barrier requirements
- You will need permits for any gas, electric or plumbing connections (available at the Community Development permit counter)
- You will need permits for any decks over 30 inches high and any other accessory structure not exempt from a permit; a site plan and construction framing details will be required to be submitted for plan review
Setback Requirements For Pools in Residential Zones
Please refer to section 12.152 of the City of Grants Pass Development Code (PDF) for other provisions which may apply to your property.
Minimum Residential Lot Requirements Schedule 12-5
|Zone||Lot Area1 Unit(Square Feet)||Area/du2+ Units(Square Feet_||LotWidth(Feet)||FrontYard(Feet)||Ext. Side/RearYard(Feet)||SideYard(Feet)||RearYard(Feet)|
Note 5 - Garage door and carport openings shall in all cases maintain a minimum setback of 20 feet.
Note 6 - Side yard setbacks shall be a minimum of 6 feet, and the sum of the 2 side yards shall be a minimum of 16 feet. Any side yards beyond the first 2 shall be a minimum of 6 feet.