Current Building Codes in Effect
General Structural Design Criteria for Grants Pass
- Earthquake Loads - The 2014 Oregon Structural Specialty Code section 1613 is used to design for earthquake loads. For residential construction the 2014 Oregon Residential Specialty Code lists Grants Pass as being in seismic zone Dl.
- Wind Exposure - The 2014 Oregon Structural Specialty Code section 1609 is used to design wind loads. For residential construction the 2014 Oregon Residential Code uses section R301.2.1.
- Soil Pressure - Soils bearing pressure is 1,500 pounds per square foot, unless justified by a soils report. A lesser bearing pressure may be required in specific locations.
- Snow Load - The 2014 Oregon Structural Specialty Code uses section 1608 for snow loads. the 2014 Oregon Residential Code uses 25 pounds per square foot.
- Rainfall - Rainfall design is based on 1.3 inches per hour.
- Frost Depth - The frost depth is 12 inches.
Current Codes in Effect in Grants Pass
- 2014 Edition Oregon Fire Code
- 2010 Edition Oregon Manufactured Dwelling Installation Specialty Code (PDF)
- 2014 Edition Oregon Mechanical Specialty Code
- 2014 Edition Oregon Structural Specialty Code
- 2014 Oregon Energy Efficiency Specialty Code
- 2014 Edition Oregon Electrical Specialty Code
- 2014 Edition Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code
- 2011 Edition Oregon Residential Specialty Code
- 2014 Edition Oregon Residential Specialty Code - Insert Pages (Add to 2011 ORSC)
The residential code applies to 1 and 2 family dwellings and townhouses 3 stories or less above grade with a separate means of egress.
Copies of the State of Oregon code books in effect in the City of Grants Pass are available for review at the Community Development Office or are available to view online on the State of Oregon website.
To purchase code books online, please go to the International Code Council Online Store.