Housing Advisory Committee
The Housing Advisory Committee explores opportunities to facilitate provision of housing for all income levels, and it makes recommendations to the City Council.
The Housing Advisory Committee promotes public awareness of housing resources and promotes public participation in identifying and addressing housing issues and needs.
The City Council may authorize the Housing Advisory Committee to conduct those public hearings specified in the City's CDBG citizen participation plan which are not reserved to the City Council for decision-making.
- Teresa Santucci, executive director of the Josephine Housing & Community Development Council
- Kelly Wessels, chief operating officer of United Community Action Network (UCAN), Vice Chair
- Sam Engel, representative from AllCare Health
- Dr. Andrew Luther, representative from PrimaryHealth
- Jason Elzy, executive director of Housing Authority of Jackson County
- David Corsi, president of Grants Pass Area Habitat for Humanity
- Duward Brown - representative from an organization that develops and/or operates housing, transitional housing, short-term housing, or shelter for special needs
- Mary Tillery - representative from a financial institution / lender
- Pamela Hurlburt- representative who is the owner of rental property
- Doug Walker - representative who is a residential developer, Chair
- Loree Arthur - citizen at large
- Roy Lindsay, Council Liaison
- Tom Schauer, Staff Support
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Housing Advisory Committee Reference Documents
Affordable Housing Construction Excise Tax, Inclusionary Zoning
- 7/24/2017 Work Session Presentation by Aaron Cubic to Grants Pass City Council
- 2017 Inclusionary Zoning and Construction Excise Tax Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) prepared by the Oregon Housing Alliance
- Affordable Housing Construction Excise Tax Tracker Spreadsheet (from Oregon Housing Alliance)
- Sample Construction Excise Tax Ordinance - Corvallis, OR (example of simpler ordinance)
Jackson County Regional Problem Solving (RPS) Committee Housing Documents
- 10/16/17 ECONorthwest Memo re: Summary of Stakeholder Interviews
- 10/24/17 ECONorthwest Memo re: Policies to Support Housing Development
- 10/24/17 ECONorthwest Memo re: Affordable Housing Development Tools
- 12/4/2017 Jackson County HAC Recommendations Revised Scoring Sheet
- 12/8/2017 Jackson County HAC Recommendations Key
City of Bend Affordable Housing Presentation
Presentations from July 31, 2017 City Council Work Session
- Tom Schauer, City of Grants Pass
- Jason Elzy, Housing Authority of Jackson County
- Guy Tauer, Oregon Employment Department
December 2017 Materials Southern Oregon MLS Real Estate Statistics
Community Calendar of Housing Related Events
Note: This calendar links to an external calendar. It is provided as a convenience for those interested in housing issues. The events and meetings are not official City of Grants Pass meetings unless identified as such. Please see the City of Grants Pass calendar on this website for official City meetings and events. This calendar is a compilation of housing related meetings and events, predominantly those conducted by other organizations. The City of Grants Pass is not responsible for the events and meetings of other organizations. Information regarding their details, costs, attendees, registration etc. should be obtained from the applicable organization hosting the meeting or event.